Orlando VA Healthcare System
Adaptive Sports Program
The Orlando VAMC Adaptive Sports Program was developed to provide active involvement in adaptive sports, outdoor recreation and fitness programs for our Veterans with disabilities. We believe adaptive sports and outdoor recreation activities are a vital part of the continued rehabilitation process for the Veterans we serve. Active participation in adaptive sports supports improvements in overall health, reduces risk of secondary medical complications, and improves quality of life.
The program provides opportunities to learn adaptive skills and be oriented to adaptive equipment for a variety of sports. Partnerships with local and national sporting organizations help to offer ongoing programs throughout the year. Everyone is encouraged to get involved; there is something for everyone.
All disabled Veterans are encouraged to pursue some sort of active leisure lifestyle post injury. To become a participant one should:
• Be enrolled at the Orlando VA Medical Center and Clinics
• Have an interest in adaptive sports, outdoor recreation, and/or some type of fitness activity
• Be medically stable and cleared for active participation
• Obtain consult from primary physician for “REC Adaptive Sports” evaluation
• Complete a sports evaluation for full assessment
Ms. Christina Lafex, CTRS
• Email: Christina.Lafex@va.gov
• Telephone: 407-414-5633
• Address: 13800 Veterans Way Orlando, FL 32827
- Lake Nona
Hours of Operation
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.