The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized two COVID-19 vaccines. VA will have a limited amount of vaccines to start. We've worked with the CDC and other federal partners to develop a phased plan. Our goal is to do the most good for the most people during this time.
If you're eligible to get a vaccine, your VA health care team will contact you. You don't need to reserve a vaccine, or come to a VA facility to request or receive a vaccine until we contact you. Our staff will only provide vaccines to Veterans who are currently eligible for one based on VA and CDC risk criteria.
We understand many of our Veteran patients are interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. However, during this initial phase, our facilities are offering vaccinations to the following categories of Veterans receiving care at VA and will contact them directly to schedule an appointment:
- VA Outpatients aged 75 and older
- VA Homeless Veterans, Hemodialysis patients, Solid Organ Transplant patients or patients who are listed for transplant, and Chemotherapy patients (any age)
- VA Community Living Center Residents
- VA Spinal Cord Injury Diseases (SCID) Unit Residents
- Congregate Living Residents
- Eligible, enrolled Veterans that receive care at the VA aged 18 and older and are employed as fire fighters, police officers, corrections officers, food and agricultural workers, United States Postal Service workers, manufacturing workers, grocery store workers, public transit workers, and those who work in the educational sector (teachers, support staff, and daycare workers)and who have not yet received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine are eligible to receive the vaccine at no cost. Please bring identification or documentation that you are employed in one of these categories.
COVID 19-Vaccine Clinic Location: 4th Floor Auditorium
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. with last appointment at 3:30 p.m.
Appointments and walk-ins
Orlando VA Medical Center (Lake Nona Campus) will offer special walk-in clinics (no appointment needed):
Saturday January 16, 2021 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday January 18, 2021 (MKL Holiday) 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Location: Conference room 182
Hours of Operation: Monday -Friday 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. with last appointment at 3 p.m.
Lake Baldwin VA Medical Center
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Location: Auditorium A & B Hours
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with last appointment at 3:30 p.m.
Appointments and will accept walk-ins until 1p.m.
Viera VA Health Care Center
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Drive-through
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Appointments and drive-through
To get the latest updates and sign up to stay informed about COVID-19 vaccines, visit VA's vaccine information page.
- Orlando VA Healthcare System
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only
Unless Otherwise Indicated